Battery & Hybrid Systems Software Engineer
World-class research and development organisation are looking for a Battery & Hybrid Systems Software Engineer to work at their West Midlands base.
Main purposes of the job:
- Developing complex battery management (BMS) and xEV control strategies.
- Software simulation and modelling of electric vehicle propulsion systems, including hybrid control and BMS strategies.
- Software modelling of electric vehicle propulsion systems including battery management, hybrid powertrain control and ancillary systems.
- Automotive strategy development through prototype modelling, utilising Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow.
- Sizing and simulation of xEV drivetrains for proposals.
- Developing safety related control systems utilising ISO26262 methodologies.
- Supporting the generation of system and software level requirements.
- Relevant engineering degree with a minimum of 2:1 or comparable qualification with relevant experience.
- Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow skills for development of software control strategies and plant models.
- Domain knowledge of vehicle propulsion batteries (including modelling of cells and battery management strategies).
- In-depth technical knowledge of at least some elements of electric/hybrid vehicle powertrains.
- Working with requirements and contributing to requirements capture at system and software level.
- Producing documentation to a high standard (e.g. design, analysis, results).
- Appreciation of Functional Safety.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960532515