In 2017, SAIC Motor ranked 41st on the Fortune Global 500 list and in 2016 sold over 6 million vehicles, further consolidating our leading position in the Chinese domestic auto market as well as expanding our global operations through the MG Brand - currently the fastest growing car brand in the UK!
SAIC Motor UK Technical Centre is part of China’s largest Vehicle Manufacturer, SAIC Motor Corporation Ltd. With ambitious plans to grow in the global automotive market place through the development of world class products, a Buyer is sought to assist the established purchasing team and be responsible for the successful execution of purchasing activities against tight deadlines. The Purchasing Team also provides a professional Purchasing service to MG Motor UK limited.
Key responsibilities include:
Working as a part of a Purchasing and Commercial Team
- Support adherence to Global Purchasing Policies and Procedures whilst managing them to support Business requirements.
- Liaising with other members of the team, internal customers, suppliers and contractors.
- Responsible for leading and coordinating of sourcing activities within Portfolio.
- Responsible for delivery of bought in goods and services at the lowest ultimate cost.
- Supplier base quality, technology, service and delivery optimisation.
- Responsible for issue of invitation to tenders, analysis of bids received, preparation of contractual documents and drafting reports.
- Implement and influence Purchasing strategies & processes.
- Ensuring the right contractual conditions are in place to manage the company’s risk.
- Raise Purchasing orders on the SAIC Motor SAP IT system.
- Provide a service to both Internal and External Customers.
- Supplier relationship management.
- Conduct supplier evaluation and selection.
- Support SAIC Motor’s Business plan, specifically in the area of Cost reduction.
- Support Logistic arrangements For Goods moving inbound and outbound within the EEC, and Worldwide.
What you'll need:
We're looking for a proven performer looking for the next challenge who is self-motivated, organised & flexible.
The successful candidate will be culturally aware, & possess the gravitas to build credibility and relationships with both internal and external parties.
- Self motivated team player looking to make a contribution whilst improving their skills with support.
- Can demonstrate experience in non production purchasing and ideally would have operated within an engineering environment.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Computer Literate – Microsoft Office packages - Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Looking for the next move, with a positive attitude towards learning and Personal development.
What you'll get in return:
- Salary: £25,000 - 28,000
- Bonus: 7.5%
- Pension – 6% Company contribution
- Private medical insurance (you can upgrade to family – circa £30p/m)
- ECOS Car scheme - Fully insured for all family to drive, taxed & maintained – New vehicle every 6months
- On site gym (free)
- Free parking on site
The position is initially for a 6 month fixed contract but it's very likely to become permanent!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960529777