- Contract Type
NTN Corporation is a global leader in the technology and manufacture of rolling element bearings and associated products. The corporation employs around 25,000 people around the world at 220 sites in 33 countries. NTN Bearings UK Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary based just outside the historic city of Lichfield in Staffordshire.
We are currently recruiting for an Applications Engineer to join the engineering team. The role would suit an engineer with a mechanical background in either automotive or industrial sectors. Specific knowledge of bearings while advantageous is not mandatory as appropriate training can be given.
There is scope to tailor the role based on your technical abilities and experience. Some travel will be necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties
As an Applications Engineer your primary role will be to recommend NTN products that meet with customer requirements. This will typically include the following:
- Determining customer requirements based on operating parameters and selecting suitable products.
- Performing bearing strength and durability calculations using in-house software.
- Compiling detailed technical reports.
- Liaising with NTN R&D Centres for product design, testing and validation.
- Communicating directly with customers including site visits.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ideally a Mechanical Engineering degree or an HNC/HND gained during a formal apprenticeship.
- Alternative degree qualifications include Automotive Engineering or Mechatronics.
- Experience of rolling element bearings or constant velocity joints is advantageous but not mandatory.
- Experience of linear systems or mechatronic systems is advantageous but not mandatory.
- Familiarity with MS Office programs especially EXCEL preferably with knowledge of macros.
- You will need to demonstrate good communication skills and have a full UK driving licence.
Salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
Defined contributions Pension Scheme.
Holiday entitlement 15 statutory + 20 floating days.
This role has the potential for the provision of a company car.
Apply for Mechanical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly