Senior Structural Engineer
Singh & Jones have partnered with an Engineering consultancy with multiple offices throughout the UK they specialise in Timber Frame, SIPs, CLT, LGSF and Steel framed structures and have been running profitably and successfully for over 10 years and employ over 15 members of staff working on some iconic projects in the offsite construction field during that time.
Due to the current incumbent nearing retirement age and seeking a reduced role within the business an opportunity for an experienced engineer with ambition, determination, managerial prowess and a flair for finding unique engineering solutions has arisen to head up and lead the Birmingham office.
As an experienced Engineer you will have experience in:
- Leading structural design elements on projects as required; undertaking detailed engineering design of a wide variety of buildings with an emphasis in LGSF.
- Mentoring and assisting trainees, graduates and less experienced Engineers
- Representing the company at meetings with the client, other professional and suppliers.
- Delivering excellent project work within agreed deadlines and within budget.
- Keeping senior staff informed of important and relevant design decisions to make sure that the objectives of the company and the client are achieved.
- Coordinating your work with other members of the project team
As an experienced structural engineer, we would expect that you will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience as a lead structural engineer on projects (ideally 3+ years)
- Broad design knowledge, from working on a verity of projects.
- Skilled in the use of design and modelling software such as Tekla Structural Designer
- Bachelor’s degree BEng / BSc or Master’s degree MEng / MSc that meets the engineering academic requirements for Chartership.
- Working towards Chartership or desire to do so.
- CSCS card holder
- Full clean UK driving licence
This role is to lead, solidify and grow the Birmingham office and as a result comes with a strong base salary, a negotiable benefits package that is shaped around what is important to you and a profit share at year end as well as chartership support. It is the ideal role for an experienced engineer looking to take the next step and really push on their career.