MandM Direct is the market leader and the UK’s largest Off-Price online retailer with over 3 million customers and 100 million website visits a year. We are a fast-paced entrepreneurial business that challenges and encourages free thinking.
Our buyers are unique, they are in the market every day, developing supplier relationship and searching for exciting merchandise that delivers incredible value to our customers. You will be given a high level of autonomy and have the ability to negotiate and make on-the-spot decisions.
If you’re looking for an exciting role where you can share your ideas within a social and friendly work environment whilst vastly increase your business skills and knowledge at the same time, this is the role for you.
Your day-to-day duties and responsibilities will include:
- Scrupulously purchasing quality, brand name goods
- Analysing history and current business performance in order to strategically forecast future opportunities
- Maintaining knowledge of market conditions regarding price, resources and fashion as they relate to trends and key items, and react accordingly to impact sales
- Negotiating and making decisions to buy
- Managing budgets and OTB on in seasons and forward budgets
- Attending appointments and travelling to trade shows
- Building strong relationships and sourcing new brands
- Developing an understanding of the MandM Direct consumer
- Ensuring the budgeted margin is delivered by season
- Ensuring that each product has strong pricing architecture to achieve strong exit margins
- Review returns level by brand seasonally and react where required.
Interested? To join the team you must:
- Be accomplished and passionate
- Have relevant transferable buying experience in a fast-paced environment and fashion-oriented category
- Have a proven history of successfully driving sales results
- Be a strong communicator with excellent negotiation skills
- Have strong knowledge of product, trends and marketplace awareness
- Be able to exercise a high degree of analytical and numerical skills
- Fully literate in Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Be able to work under own initiative.
Location can be flexible as whilst the company head office is based in Herefordshire, the role will require a substantial amount of UK travel as well as an element of home and office working.