Automotive Wood Machinist
A world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles is seeking a Wood Machinist to join their Automotive Design Team. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world's most iconic brands, our client is well known across the globe for continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
They are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Wood Machinist to join their team. This role is offered on an ongoing contract basis with long term, ongoing or permanent opportunities for the right candidate.
You will be working alongside a group of skilled technicians responsible for the creation of design products through the manufacture of bespoke interior and exterior models using a wide and varied set of materials. The team works alongside designers and engineers to bring to life designs from engineering drawings to design sketches.
SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Day to day running of machines, keeping them in a safe working condition, cleaning and maintaining the machines.
- Digibuck and CAD/Catia knowledge is desirable
- Grinding, sharpening and setting of various machine parts and guards.
- Produce bespoke items from design drawings, renderings, CAD Images and verbal instructions
- Interpretation of CAD Drawings/Designs/Sketches/Renderings
- Machine, hand manufacture and finishing of a wide range of modelling materials.
- Complete projects/properties to meet internal design review gateways.
- Liaise with other departments, associates, designers, engineers and project leaders to ensure delivery of projects/properties.
- Utilise lean tools and working practices where necessary and to show an aptitude for developing processes and work well within motivated teams.
- Contribute to improvement of processes and procedures.
- Ensure quality of own work is maintained at all times
- Raise concerns and ask questions to solve problems, when necessary escalate issues through appropriate channel
- Adhere to company-wide and site-specific policies.
- Work to close tolerances
- Inspect his/her own work at regular intervals
- Prioritise work load
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- At least City and Guilds or NVQ Level 1, 2 & 3 in a relevant discipline such as Bench Joinery
- A full apprenticeship in a relevant discipline
- Previous experience within a Wood Machine Shop, Model Shop or Development Area desirable.
- Hand finishing skills.
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work well within a team and also on their own initiative.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, well organised with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Flexibility in working hours as per business needs.
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week
Monday to Thursday 7.30am - 4pm & Friday 7.30am - 12.30pm
Flexibility towards overtime required
APPLY NOW for more information!