Activity and Welfare Manager for summer centres
Twin Summer Centres is looking for an Activity and Student Welfare Manager for our residential centre based at Royal Leamington Spa College in Leamington Spa open 04.07-15.08.18. The position includes organisation and implementation of the activities and excursion programme to international students aged 10-18; management of the activities staff; assisting the Centre Manager in the day-to-day running of the Centre and maintaining proper levels of student safety, discipline and welfare.
- Overseeing effective implementation of the activity programme
- Ensuring informative and well organised excursions are delivered
- Ensuring the health, safety and welfare of students at all times
- Educated to GCSE level
- HSE-recognised First Aid certificate (such as St John's First Aid at Work) desirable
- Sports coaching qualifications desirable
Working hours may be any time from 11.00 - 22.00 six days a week. On-call overnight to respond to emergencies.
We offer a 6 week contract paid at GBP491-GBP554 per week (including full board accommodation in a single ensuite) + statutory holiday pay (calculated at 12.07% of gross pay).
You must be able to attend an induction in London on June 16th th and onsite July 1st - 3rd for which you will be paid GBP350 in total on completion of contract.
Twin Training International is committed to safeguarding. For all applicants called to interview:
- References will be followed up with specific questions as to applicant's suitability to work with persons under 18
- All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily
- Proof of identity and qualifications will be required
- Successful candidates will be required to undertake a DBS check
- Successful candidates will be required to complete two hours of on-line safeguarding and prevent training prior to commencing employment
- Successful candidates will be expected to actively engage in the safeguarding of under 18s