Senior Project Manager
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Location: Leek with occasional travel to Glasgow and Plymouth
Salary - GBP50,000 - GBP60,000 DOE + 10% car allowance
About the role
Western Mortgage Services (WMS) is part of Capita Private Sector Partnerships. Its primary client is a financial services provider and provides mortgage outsourcing services including loan origination, account servicing, collections and recoveries. Its main offices are situated in Leek, Staffordshire and Plymouth, Devon. Mortgage Outsourcing is a key growth area for Capita and WMS is playing a significant role in supporting sales activity and delivering services to new clients.
This role will be Iistrumental in delivering large complex projects and portfolios. This role requires a strong, well rounded and dynamic individual with proven Senior Project Management pedigree. A demonstrable ability to work across all levels of stakeholders within a commercial environment is required. This individual will be responsible for managing the successful delivery of large and complex change and IT projects and portfolios to agreed time, cost and quality standards.
What you will do:
- Design, initiation and leading larger scale and complex projects and portfolios to achieve defined business outcomes
- Overall delivery management and reporting, with Project Managers, Business Analysts and Project Analysts as direct reports who will be managing the day-to-day delivery
- Establishing project and portfolio level governance and providing appropriate guidance to the project team
- Coaching and developing team members
- Actively supporting development and approval of the project/portfolio business cases
- Planning across all stages of the project lifecycle and obtaining appropriate levels of sign-off
- Ensuring projects are delivered to agreed time, cost, quality, TCF and compliance objectives
- Management of the project/portfolio on a day to day basis to deliver in line with agreed project plans
- Management of third parties to ensure successful delivery
- Execution of project plan, monitoring progress and taking all necessary actions and escalations where appropriate
- Reporting progress at agreed intervals to the project board and wider programme governance
- Engaging and communicating effectively with key business and client stakeholders
- Risk identification, documentation and impact assessment, including action mitigation
- Issue and dependency management with appropriate stakeholder communication
- Managing project finances with accurate financial status updates
- Identifying potential improvements as part of a wider Project Management Competency
- Working in accordance with Capita group policies, client and regulatory requirements and operational frameworks
Your experience will include:
- Proven Senior Project Manager in a delivery environment
- Solid experience of the full project lifecycle
- Experience of managing people directly and within a matrix management environment
- Demonstrate effective and productive stakeholder management both internally at all levels and with 3rd parties
- Must be able to lead, motivate and manage cross functional, multi-disciplined teams
- Builds productive relationships with functions and third parties outside of the project team
- Operate effectively in a commercial environment
- Apply a flexible approach to successfully deliver to tight deadlines or changing scope
- Ability to prioritise and multi task in a challenging working environment with excellent organisational skills
- Strong influencing skills and an ability to apply an appropriate level of challenge
- Embraces change and seeks continuous improvement.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share plan schemes, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on
Follow Capita on
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.