Registered Service Manager
Avenues is a specialist provider of adult social care, supporting people with complex needs to enjoy life.
For us, this is all about supporting them to make their own choices. This might be everyday things like doing the shopping, getting a new haircut or just making a drink. But it's also about more delicate stuff, like choosing where to live, supporting them to take a shower or the development of friendships.
And we are now looking for a new Registered Service Manager to manage the team in Shropshire. Our service Shropshire ABI is a registered outreach service providing support to adults with acquired brain injuries and learning disabilities, including people on the autistic spectrum. We currently operate in Wem, Oswestry, Whitchurch, and Shrewsbury.
The staff team in Shropshire is spread over a large geographical area and management of a similarly distributed team would be beneficial.
Due to the nature of this role it is essential that the successful applicant holds a full valid driving licence and has access to their own vehicle.
Our employees benefit from ???
- 31 annual leave days including bank holidays (pro-rated)
- Extensive three month induction and tailored career development
- Sector leading learning and development facilities
- Ongoing support from local and central teams
- The ability to build long-term relationships with the people we support
You will need to demonstrate that you share our values of Respect, Excellence, Integrity and Pride, and ???
- Be a social care professional with experience in working with people with acquired brain injuries, learning disabilities and/or challenging behaviours
- Have a strong understanding of best practice in delivering support to people with different needs and a passion for doing so
- Experience managing registered and/or supported living services
- Experience managing budgets and financial information
- Knowledge and a good understanding of current CQC/sector regulations and legislation
- Ideally hold a Level 5 Diploma in Health & Social Care, or have a willingness to work towards this
- Be an effective coach and mentor for your team
- Be flexible to work early mornings, late evenings, overnights, and sleep-ins 7 days a week - including an on-call rota
Apply today to find out how you can make a difference to someone's life.