Workshop Supervisor / Team Lead
Job Title: Workshop Supervisor / Team Lead
Have you ever wondered what it takes to support our armed forces?
My Client is a FTSE-100 Defence & Engineering company and is currently recruiting within their land division based in Telford and are interested in hearing from candidates with engineering management experience.
You will be responsible providing innovative and creative ideas to improve production and maintenance for a wide range of military platforms including armoured vehicles. You would be managing a team, completing all aspects of upskilling and mentorship while implementing cost saving strategies.
While this role is within the defence & heavy engineering sector's applications from all engineering sectors will be welcomed.
- Leading recruitment activities for roles in team
- Leading exit activities for team members
- Conduct line manager activities in grievance and disciplinary procedures in line with policy
- Managing employee welfare
- Overseeing performance of team members in line with policies
- Managing capability procedures of team in line with policies
- Managing absence procedures
- Delivering communications to team
- Up skilling and mentoring team
- Allocating resource efficiently to deliver Direct Labour Utilisation (DLU) and overtime targets
- To provide management cover for other Supervisors as required
- To ensure people under their control are following all HSE procedures
- Making sure correct equipment and PPE is supplied and fully compliant
- Liaising with workshop manager to provide statistics on team
- Heavily health and safety orientated
- Experience managing teams of engineers
- Strong ability to manage and motivate people
- Experience dealing with stakeholders and HR functions
What can we offer you?
- Excellent job security as demonstrated by our £20 billion order book
- Pension scheme with up to 6% employer contributions (variable)
- Life assurance
- Share ownership scheme
- Professional subscription support
- Occupational Health services
- Career opportunities and specialist advice and guidance from our award winning Investors in People Gold award Learning & Development teams.
We are charged with the national maintenance programme to support to the entirety of the in-service armed forces across all classes of vehicles. From feasibility analyse of engineering problems and solutions to fully incorporated design changes we support the entire design lifecycle.
Successful applicants will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a market-leading organisation in an interesting workshop. For more information or to make an application please apply to this ad.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960332690