Senior Chassis Systems Concept Engineer
SAIC Motor currently rank 41st on the Fortune Global 500 list and we are proud of sales volumes exceeding 6 million vehicles throughout 2017. With aggressive growth plans in place, we are increasing our global operations through the MG Brand and our Chinese domestic brand, Roewe.
Here in the UK we continue to invest heavily in our Technical Centre, which plays a critical role in the development of the global product portfolio. Due to new vehicle Programmes we are seeking an experienced Chassis Systems Concept Engineer to lead exciting projects at our UK site.
You'll join a highly collaborative, creative team and work closely alongside the Chassis Senior Manager to deliver a range of complex projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for delivery of chassis system concepts from first principles for new and existing vehicle projects/Architectures
- CATIA V5 3D & 2D CAD creation with appropriate data management and release.
- Development of specific system strategy for the business, which is likely to include rationalisation of existing concepts plus development of new strategies going forward
- Ensure that concepts are optimised and balanced to meet the best targets for the project;
- Performance - including kinematics and simulation
- Cost & Quality
- System functionality and performance
- Ease of manufacture
- Engage stakeholders and customers where necessary to resolve issues and progress the delivery
- Component design, development and test to optimise chassis performance
- Lead and support in new research projects and assist with aspects such as Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Develop global relationships with AE Chassis & Chassis department in China to promote global working – leverage services from these departments where skills/resources are not available in the UK
What you'll need:
- Excellent CAD skills – CATIA V5, ability to use kinematics, able to develop chassis axle concepts from first principles, taking advise from chassis technical experts where required
- Full capability to operate in Team Centre environment and use Vis-Mock-up tools
- Capability in parametric tools to enhance quality and improve efficiency
- Strong detailed technical knowledge of front and rear axle systems, ability to assess strengths/weaknesses of options and provide recommendations for use within a vehicle architecture
- Understanding of technical aspects of systems/component development (e.g. DFMEA’s, DVP, Materials, Finish specifications)
- Capability and experience to understand chassis system effects on BIW and associated load path and structural performance
What we can offer you:
Being part of a small, dynamic team you'll be heavily involved in a wide range of Advanced Engineering projects, and will be able to really influence the technical direction of the department on live vehicle programmes.
We're open to both Contractor and Permanent applicants, and we'd be keen to have a chat if you feel this role may be for you!
Contract: £30 - 36p/h (DOE)
Permanent: £45,000 - 55,000 + extensive benefits (inc. 6% pension, Car scheme (ECOS), 7.5% bonus, flexible working times, on site gym and more!)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960331641