CAE Engineer - PAM-STAMP
We are currently looking to recruit a CAE Engineer with PAM-STAMP experience to join our engineering client in Warwickshire. The ideal candidate will have previous Simulation experience within pressings, stampings or aluminium and PAM-STAMP knowledge.
- To design complete stamping tool sets for pressing of high strength automotive aluminium BIW components using PAM-STAMP simulation.
- To perform part feasibility studies and report back to customers. Liaise and guide customers on improvements to part feasibility.
- To design high quality tool faces in support of stamping simulation in CATIA.
- To create and maintain all the documentation.
- To contribute towards development of simulation techniques for hot stamping of aluminium and efficient tool cooling.
- To support tool try-out and part production.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience in simulation of deep draw sheet metal stamping processes.
- Knowledge of stamping tool design including tool face design, construction and assembly.
- Ability to use CAD software for tool face design.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Automotive aluminium body in white and chassis applications.
- Understanding of the metallurgy of aluminium and its alloys.
- Practical experience with use of PAM-STAMP and CATIA.
- Experience in hot stamping simulation.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960327651