Higher level teaching assistant required at Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' school in Worcester.
Hays Education has a Higher Level Teaching Assistant job in Worcester. This three form entry mainstream primary school has a forward thinking leadership team who pride themselves on providing a welcoming, secure, stimulating and caring environment in which the children achieve academic success and personal achievement.
This Higher Level teaching assistant role involves advancing pupil's learning in a range of classroom settings, including 121, groups and whole class settings when the teacher is absent, be familiar with school curriculum and age-related expectations of pupils, examination frameworks and teaching methods, working collaboratively with the teaching team to support the Primary Curriculum, planning and managing resources to raise standards in learning with interventions. Monitoring pupil's participation and progress and providing feedback. Giving constructive support to pupils as they learn.
As a Higher level teaching assistant, you will need to have a proven track record in a HLTA role, knowledge of Intervention strategies and be able to demonstrate a positive impact on pupil development. The role is to start in April 2018, 5 days per week.
Qualifications and experience required:
- You must hold HLTA status or equivalent qualification or pending PGCE or BA degree in Education, foundation degree in teaching and learning.
- Experience of independently delivering lessons to groups of pupils in the absence of a class teacher
- Excellent knowledge of the Primary Curriculum
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of child development, appropriate levels of childcare including experience of working with pupils with lower ability to raise pupils learning levels
- Confident and positive approach to behaviour management
- Ability to plan and organise and use own initiative
- Flexible and Team Player
Not only will you receive all the support you need from a Department for Education accredited recruitment expert, while working for Hays you'll also enjoy a range of employee benefits, including:
- £250 reward every time you recommend a colleague*
- Access to free Professional Development Training - Team Teach & Safeguarding and Child protection Training. *Terms and conditions apply
If you meet the above criteria for this HLTA job in Worcester, then please forward your CV in the first instance - detailing your experience in schools All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory background and reference checks. UK and/ or Overseas police checks will be required.
To find out more about this and other Higher Level Teaching Assistant jobs in Worcestershire, please contact the Hays Education office on 0121 236 4476.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80448660