Senior Human Factors Consultant
The Exciting Opportunity:
If you’re a Consultant with a specialty in Human Factors and ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. Join our team in either of the following locations: Croydon, Birmingham, Milton Keynes or Cambridge as a Senior Consultant and we’ll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go.
Overview of Role:
As a member of our Strategic Environmental Consulting (SEC) team, you will be required to support the delivery of human factors technical work and the development of proposals.
Also, more generally support other safety risk management studies across the SRM Team.
Who We are Looking For:
Within SEC we pride ourselves on our ability to provide Clients with Strategic Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Business Advice, which helps our Clients not only to manage risk, but to drive excellence in their EHS performance.
As such we seek individuals who combine: strong quantitative and analytical skills; deep technical knowledge; a sharp commercial focus; and, who are passionate about their work to advise our Clients on strategic business decisions. Our mission is to improve quality of life around the world, by creating places of distinction and providing sustainable solutions that enhance the built and natural environment. Our core values are:
- Integrity – We perform business in an honest, responsible way, working to the highest professional standards.
- Client Focus – We are entrepreneurial and agile, passionate about creating value for our Clients and achieving high performance.
- Collaboration – We believe in diversity, the power of teamwork and that by working as one we can deliver exceptional outcomes.
- Sustainability – We own the responsibility to sustain our world and society in a balanced way, central to health, safety and wellbeing of our people and all stakeholders, central to all we do.
As a member of the SEC Team you will need to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to actively identify and pursue innovative and sustainable solutions to problems.
- Commitment to building relationships with clients & colleagues, networking via industry events and seminars, and actively engaging in profile raising through e.g. internal/ external presentations or speaking at events.
- The ability to add value to a client relationship and develop client accounts
- Strong commercial skills including the ability to understand a client’s key risks and drivers, and the commercial context in which Clients and Arcadis operate.
- Commitment to actively nurtures talent in others by helping people build their networks, and coach and mentor others and share knowledge
- Producing human factors work outputs of a high technical quality.
- Supporting packages of work, commercials and general consultation activities.
- Working directly with clients and building customer relationships.
- Supporting business developing activities such as attending client meetings and writing proposals.
- Engaging with a range of stakeholders within Arcadis to help influence other disciplines to understand the importance of human factors
What You have to Offer:
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline (preferably Ergonomics, Psychology or Systems Engineering)
- Working towards becoming chartered/registered with a professional body, e.g. the Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors, British Psychological Society
- Experience of working in safety critical industries such as rail, aviation, energy, military, nuclear.
- Knowledge, skills and experience in the area of human factors.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic, versatile candidate who is willing to learn and get involved with projects, take on challenges and work to support other experts within our Safety Risk Management team when the need arises.
- Experience of the following human factors methods: task and workload assessment, human factors integration, cognitive ergonomics, physical ergonomics, environmental design, organisational behavior.
- Experience is also preferred in human reliability, control room design and operations.
- Experience is also preferred in commercials and general consultation activities.
Arcadis is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health, safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit Arcadis website.
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
For some levels, PMI and Income Protection is paid for
Highly competitive salary
Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy and sell
One of the best contributory pensions in the industry, Matched Pension, up to 8%
Interest free Season Ticket Loan
Flexible Benefits Allowance, with the option of spending this on:
Private Medical Insurance
Cycle to work scheme
And Lots more!
Annual Professional Subscription Paid
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Long Term Service Awards
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
Opportunity to invest in the Arcadis staff discounted share scheme
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960328216