IT Infrastructure Engineer
In 2017, SAIC Motor ranked 41st on the Fortune Global 500 list and in 2016 sold almost 6 million vehicles, further consolidating its leading position in the Chinese domestic auto market as well as expanding it's global operations through the MG Brand.
Our UK Technical Centre is currently going through a period of rapid growth, and with more ambitious projects in the pipeline we are seeking an experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer to lead critical infrastructure projects throughout our UK site, as well as leasing with the wider Group IT function based in China.
The IT function is playing an ever increasing role in the development of SAIC Motor UK as the business continues to grow at a rapid rate!
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
IT Infrastructure Systems Engineer position within a small team administering and managing a diverse environment
- Responsible for support, development, configuration and management\administration of our existing server technologies – Windows, UNIX, Linux and VMware
- Responsible for support, development, configuration and management\administration of our existing SAN storage technologies
- Responsible for configuration and support of applications installed on server systems where necessary
- Develop plans for further streamlining increased efficiency of our infrastructure systems to reduce cost and increase service performance
- Providing design and planning support for the development of new systems
- Ensuring systems and support processes are correctly documented to a high standard
- Management of data stored on server systems and SANs – data storage space, resilience, archiving, backups
- Administration of application license daemons
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Technical – Essential Skills
- Microsoft Windows Server infrastructure design, deployment, configuration and management / administration (2008 to 2016)
- RedHat infrastructure design, deployment, configuration and management / administration
- VMware infrastructure design, deployment, configuration and management / administration
- SAN design, deployment, configuration and management\administration, ideally IBM and EMC
- TCP/IP networking knowledge including router, firewall and switch configuration and management.
- Strong experience of backup technologies and processes, ideally Symantec NetBackup
- Active Directory design, configuration and management\administration
- Experience of maintaining a secure infrastructure.
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
- Administration scripting experience to include VB, Powershell and UNIX shell scripts. VBA also desirable.
- Demonstrable ability to create technical and user-based documentation to an excellent standard to assist in management, use, and disaster recovery of systems.
- Knowledge of various floating network license technologies such as FlexLM
Technical – Highly Desirable Skills
- Experience of Automotive CAD system administration, especially Dassault Systemes CATIA V5, Siemens Teamcenter, PTC Creo
What we can offer you:
This presents a great opportunity for an experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer to join a leading Automotive OEM, offering a competitive salary (£40,000 - 45,000) + bonus, ECOS Car scheme, 6% Pension, on-site gym and more!
We also welcome contract CVs
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960331773