Strategic Purchasing Engineer
BMR Solutions are currently recruiting for a Strategic Purchasing Engineer to work for our client who are an engineering / manufacturing company located in Newport.
Position: Strategic Purchasing Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Sector: Supply Chain/ New Product Induction (NPI) / Engineering / Manufacturing / Mechanical / Electrical
As the Strategic Purchasing Engineer, you will report directly to Global Supply Chain Manager and will be responsible to support the Purchasing department with New Product Introduction (NPI), develop new global suppliers with the integration of higher-level assemblies into the supply chain reducing touch time hours and maintain continuity of supply. Support the business with rapid prototyping methodologies of development parts and cost down initiatives using VE – VA. Providing support to the business units with respect to complex material and design issues, outsourcing, and manufacturing related quality aspects.
The ideal candidate would need to have knowledge of engineering manufacturing processes including metal cutting and forming, surface finish treatments and materials.
- City & Guilds Level 4/5, NVQ 4/5, HNC or HND in an Engineering Discipline. We will prefer candidates with a degree in Manufacturing & Production Engineering.
- The ideal candidate would have served a Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship and spent at least 10 years in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a scientific equipment industry.
- The candidate should have experience in direct negotiation and can conduct meetings and presentations on supplier sites.
- Sound understanding of DFM and DFA.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Liaise with Business Units, Production Engineering and suppliers to facilitate the smooth transition of NPI projects.
- Identify and resolve manufacturing and documentation issues, identify and validate new suppliers who will robust enough to meet the challenges of the business.
- ·Support the Purchasing department with cost down initiatives, analyse spend profiles to identify cost down opportunities and implement through the buyers.
- ·Find solutions to the constant cost up pressure from the supply chain and work closely with the Buying team to negate these increases.
- Collect data and report against the departmental KPI’s
- Support the purchasing team with Inventory down activity and processes.
- Provide technical manufacturing support to the supply chain, find real time solutions to manufacturing, quality, lead-time problems and commercial constraints.
- Maintain the First Article process to ensure all documentation and controls are completed and adhered to.
BMR Solutions acts in the capacity of an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.