HR Senior Advisor - Occupational Health & Wellbeing
We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It's an exciting time to begin a career with Highways England as we invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety which why we're so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy. And with responsibility for major projects, working here is also a great move for your career.
We have an exciting part-time (0.5 FTE) opportunity within our HR Operations team for a Senior HR Advisor, with extensive occupational health and wellbeing experience. The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of core occupational health and wellbeing activity across Highways England and will also support our Employee Engagement and Diversity Specialist with the development and delivery of strategic initiatives.
A key element of the role is managing our Occupational Health and Wellbeing supplier; measuring and driving performance against contractual service level agreements (and Highways England's Collaborative Performance Framework) and monitoring budgets.
Day to day
* Contribute to the design, development and manage the ongoing delivery of the occupational health and wellbeing programme, policies and processes. Act as the project lead for certain strategic initiatives
* Day-to-day contract management of occupational health and wellbeing suppliers, tracking compliance with security, audit, service level agreements, quality and cost. Lead monthly service review meetings and track and escalate issues, as appropriate, in collaboration with the Occupational Health Manager
* Analyse trends from MI and data reporting, to evaluate the impact and effectiveness of occupational health and wellbeing initiatives
* Collate and escalate business feedback on occupational health and wellbeing policies and processes, as necessary to key stakeholders, to ensure all are current and relevant
* Develop communication materials and guidance aligned to the People Strategy, to support the delivery of occupational health and wellbeing services by HR colleagues
* An experienced HR professional
* Proven experience of implementing, monitoring and improving Occupational Health and Wellbeing services and initiatives
* Project Management Experience
* Experience of managing external suppliers, including budgeting and forecasting
* Exceptional communication and advisory skills and a focus on delivering excellent customer service, whilst managing multiple stakeholders
To review the job description please click here
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
All applicants must provide their right to work documentation at interview stage, such as a valid passport.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/