Regional Clinical Governance Manager
Regional Clinical and Governance Lead
£45,000 - £50,000
Reporting operationally to the Managing Director and professionally to the Director of Nursing, the Regional Clinical and Governance Lead is responsible and accountable for patient safety and high standards of clinical governance within regional services in partnership with the Operations Manager and Medical Director. This is a regional role and will involve regular travel across your region.
* To be locally accountable for the development of clinical practice within his/her area, maintaining a high standard of patient care and experience, implementing local patient pathways and liaising with relevant multidisciplinary healthcare services.
* To participate in reporting and frontline clinical and operational service meetings with commissioners and key stakeholders, proactively engaging with customers and raising the profile of the organisation including patient forums and experience surveys.
* Where relevant line manage, appraise and develop a team of nurses and/or doctors within a region. Where relevant line manage and support the Lead Nurse in clinically supporting the nursing team.
* To be locally accountable for and act as safeguarding lead within the region, escalating concerns as per company policy whist embedding a robust safeguarding culture for all patients and staff.
* To be locally accountable for and act as lead for medications management within the region, working closely with the Primecare medications management team.
* To be locally accountable for and act as regional lead for Infection control working with and embedding Primecare policies.
* Developing and maintaining, with the support of the Clinical Auditor and Lead Nurse, safe and effective clinical audit alongside appropriate levels clinical supervision for a group of clinicians.
* To be responsible for facilitating effective productivity and performance management of all clinicians using clinical audit outcomes and providing feedback and support in order to ensure that performance management techniques are positively applied and understood.
* To work in partnership with the Medical Director and Operations Manager in being locally accountable for patient safety, clinical governance standards and formulation and adherence to policy.
* To be professionally accountable to and regularly liaising with the Director of Nursing and the Central Governance Team in order to ensure that clinical risk is identified and managed within the contracts.
* To participate in and chair local clinical governance meetings and to produce reports to the
* Clinical Governance Committee, ensuring that quality dashboards and the companies
* Quality Accounts are completed.
* To be responsible for the management of all clinical complaints, serious clinical incidents and to ensure that related learning within the branch and within policy standards is appropriately captured.
* To participate and facilitate the effective recruitment, selection, induction and training of all clinicians to high standards. Thus ensuring that clinical staff are competent within their role and then fully trained and supported including mentorship and coaching. To identify training needs through appraisal and audit.
* Nursing Qualification - Registered Nurse.
* Experience of management.
* Experience in managing safeguarding process.
* Risk management awareness and training.
* Extensive range of nursing experience preferably primary or urgent care.
* Advanced Nurse Practitioner/Prescriber.
* Complaints management.
* Training experience or qualification.
* Leadership, flexibility and ability to travel.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Proficient IT skills.
* Presentation skills.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.