Job Title: Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £13.50 per hour + time and half overtime rate
Shift Pattern: Mon - Thurs 7.30am - 4.30pm Fri 7.30 - 12.30
Our client is a specialist in sheet metal production and general metal fabrication that has been operating for over 40 years. They are currently looking for a committed and experienced maintenance engineer to join the company and support the maintenance team with the possibility for progression once you have settled in the role.
You will be expected to work to and impact a schedule of planned and preventative maintenance on a variety of machines such as; single action and hydraulic presses, automated saws and semi-robotic welding machines, spot welding machines and some lathers. You will be responsible for the machines in your work area and will be expected to maintain efficiency and effectiveness of equipment in a safe working environment whilst looking to set new standards through continuous improvement.
Tasks will include but are not limited too.
- Repair and maintain all plant machinery.
- Perform monthly machine planned preventative maintenance and update records.
- Upkeep and maintenance of onsite infrastructure
- Ensure key spare parts are stocked and inventory updated.
- Ensure adequate stock of oils and lubricants.
- Work well with your team
- Contribute to continuous improvement.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
* Manually handle weights up to 25kg.
* Work to lean theory (5s).
Reasons for applying for this job
- You will have a career with a company that continually invests in their staff, plant and processes.
- Time and a half for over time.
- Financially stable company
- Company that is diversifying their offer and increasing staffing
- A company that actively promotes from within and is looking to increase its headcount
Please send your CV to **************************** or call Richard on *************
Encore Personnel are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Specialist Recruiters in the Technical/engineering, Industrial, Driving, Energy and senior appointment sectors. Supplying nationally. Encore offer a "refer a friend" reward scheme where you could receive a gift of up to £500.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960327543