Complaint Assistant Analyst
- In line with competency level, investigate non-complex sales complaints adhering to the company's complaints handling procedures, ensuring a full, fair and robust investigation is conducted and evidenced on file and through use of the complaint database system 'Respond'.
- Ensure a positive relationship with the customer and where possible communicate with the customer over the telephone to data gather and deliver the complaint decision.
- Ensure the customer is kept informed of the progress of their case, in a clear, timely and accurate manner. Liaise effectively with all appropriate reference points as required by the demands of each individual case.
- Taking into account the evidence gathered regulatory rules, current/best practices, company and FOS guidance, to make informed decisions to reach a fair conclusion of the individual case. Recommend customer redress and seek appropriate review and sign off.
- Ensure a positive relationship and effective liaison with all Ombudsman and professional bodies is maintained by prompt communication and information sharing, fostering a culture of respect and fairness.
- Assist in identifying trends in complaints received and product issues ensuring any emerging risks or concerns are appropriately escalated, fully investigated, reported and any customer impact evaluated and resolved.
- Conduct agent business reviews as required, ensuring assessments are made in order to demonstrate any risk has been fully investigated, any customer impact evaluated and with poor customer outcomes addressed fairly and promptly.
- Assist in the efficient integration of the complaint handling functions of acquired businesses.
- Maintain appropriate record keeping in accordance with Regulatory and business requirements.
- Plan, control, monitor and record work to professional standards.
- Be able to explain problems and resolutions in a well-structured manner using plain English.
- Manage the open caseload to ensure that all new cases are ready for investigation within agreed SLA. Ensure that a fair and even split of casework (based on apparent case complexity) is allocated to the team on a weekly basis.
- Managing queries received within the department including calls, post and emails.
- Promptly processing settlement of cases where an offer has been accepted. Preparing files requested by the Financial Ombudsman Service within the required timescales.
Oversee the Financial Ombudsman Service invoices to ensure prompt payment on all chargeable cases for all ReAssure cases which will involve liaising with Service Resolution and HCL.
- Demonstrates good telephone and communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate good analytical and investigative skills.
- Good inter-personal, organisational and time management skills.
- Solid skills in report writing and use of all Microsoft office products.
- Proven ability to adapt to change and have a flexible attitude at work.
- Desirable: Working knowledge of the Respond complaints system.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960327735