Bumpers - Manager - Competitive Annual Salary
Bumpers – Manager - Design & Industrialisation – Competitive Annual Salary
As a Senior Design Leader Bumpers working for a leading automotive company based Staffordshire you will be responsible for Leading assigned Design leaders (DL) for Bumper Systems within UK projects.
Skills and experience required: (This is not a design role but you would need to be able to view CAD)
- Personable with the ability to engage their project team and provoke broader thinking.
- Experience of customer interaction and escalation.
- Coach / Mentor. Able to develop a team to be independent.
- Bumpers experience (Preferred) – design & industrialisation 75%/25% (Exterior trim and/or Interior trim will be considered pending experience)
- Ability to analyse CAD data – Teamcentre visualisation or 3D Analyser or CATIA V5
- Process knowledge: injection moulding, tooling, painting, punching, plastic welding.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Support assigned Design leaders working to the correct methods.
- Functionally responsible for assigned DL key deliverables.
- Functional support for the assigned DL development, training and annual assessment. In order to grow a natural leadership and accountability culture.
- Support as required AVP phase and EPM engineering group manager in term of initial technical assessment and offer in line with N+1 Direction.
- Support training of assigned DL’s recruits to PO standards and procedures.
- Enforce the strict adherence of PO processes and procedures (ie OPTIMAP and KEOPS) as well as the progress plan application.
- Participate in the recruitment process of DL candidate.
- Support and development, consistency and retention of key skills and ultimately full autonomy of all DL’s.
- Ensure all assigned team member work and activities are achieved according to HSE standards and develop HSE mind-set with his/her team. (Top safety)
- Contribute to hours and cost reduction by a “right first time” approach (adherence to standards, etc…).
- Support assigned DL’s escalation for CAD related issues to N+1 / Respective CAD team leader.
- Participate alongside the DL Group manager on Bumper product lines to evolve, best practices optimisations with PO central R&D and R&I during specific strategical reviews, workshops, etc… (Support the Tesis Team)
- Support the business with any other technical special investigations linked to punctual define needs.
- Contribute to standards and processes development and improvements to reach R&D and division objectives. Make proposals in continuous improvement process.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960329481