An exciting opportunity exists for a Quality Engineer to join our engineering customer in Coventry who specialise in metals. The ideal candidate will have experience of working within the Automotive, Aerospace or related sector.
- Support Manufacturing team to ensure products and processes comply with product specification and quality management system requirements.
- Monitor and report process stability and capability by analysing production data.
- Analyse non-conformances and implement required corrective and preventative actions using relevant quality tools.
- Promote Quality culture via training and visual management tools.
- Develop process audit schemes site wide to drive adherence to quality processes.
- Support KPI reporting for Quality and across the business.
- Support development of metrology equipment and measuring techniques as required to support QC laboratory efficiency.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Track record of achievement within realms of Quality Engineering.
- HNC or degree qualified with experience in engineering or manufacturing discipline.
- Fully conversant with engineering and quality principles (including but not limited to SPC, Gauge R&R, DoE, sampling plans).
- Familiar with range of measuring and inspection equipment and able to interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Excellent computer skills (including but not limited to Windows, Office, MS Access/SQL).
- Good ISO9001/TS16949 quality systems knowledge.
- Strong statistical knowledge with advanced use of statistical software eg Minitab.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960328452