Health and Safety Manager
Recycling Manufacturing company, part of a global group, is looking for an enthusiastic H&S professional to run its H&S Compliance Department at its Process Mill in Birmingham. This is a great opportunity for a creative and driven individual who enjoys working in a team environment and wishes to deliver constant improvement to the business.
Reporting to the Mill Manager, main duties will include ensuring legal compliance with relevant Health and safety legislation as well as development and maintenance of the Integrated Management System (IMS).
Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as the ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels within the organisation would be essential attributes.
- Health & Safety compliance management experience gained from a heavy process industry / factory environment
- NEBOSH Diploma, IOSH / IMEA qualified
- Trained internal auditor
- ISO 14001, BS EN ISO 50001, ISO 9001 and OHSAS18001
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience of liaising and managing external enforcement and accreditation bodies
- Knowledge of EN 15593 GMP standard; FSC and PEFC Chain of Custody Standards & Mcerts an advantage
Responsibilities of Compliance H&S Manager will include:
- Actively drive forward the compliance process and reporting systems; attention to detail and adherence to deadlines is paramount.
- Taking on responsibility of key areas including internal refresher training and auditing for different stakeholders is a vital part of the role, so good communication and exceptional interpersonal skills are a must.
- Ensuring legal compliance with relevant H&S legislation as well as development and maintenance of the Integrated Management System (IMS).
- To provide competent HSE advise and support to the site and be the key contact and liaison point for enforcement and accreditation bodies.
Full job description available on request.
The position will provide an excellent salary and benefits package, within a forward thinking very successful and sustainable business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80454022