Corporate Tax Compliance Assistant Manager
To provide corporate tax compliance services as part of a specialist team to a portfolio of clients that range from OMB clients to large international groups efficiently and within budget.
To help us improve margins by adopting best practice processes, planning, use of technology and continuous process improvement - the Specialist Corporate Tax team applies best practice processes and technology in order to provide bespoke, flexible and efficient corporation tax compliance and reporting services to clients and is challenged to ensure work is completed profitably, whilst ensuring each team member is spending an appropriate amount of time, according to their role, on chargeable work.
To help the team grow gross revenues and increase market share by differentiating our services, and by making the most of the external and internal market opportunities.
To identify Advisory services which can be provided to clients.
To assist in the people management and development of the junior members of the team.
Manage a portfolio of companies across the Birmingham office that range from OMB clients to large international groups. This will include:
• Liaising with the client and the audit and accounting teams to organise year end site visits, reporting deadlines and being efficient in the provision of information;
• Reviewing tax computations prepared by junior members of the team;
• Reviewing current and deferred tax calculations (including listed companies, under IFRS, and under FRS102) using Alphatax and producing accounts disclosures including consolidated tax notes;
• Reviewing other Compliance work including CT61s and applications for Certificates of Residence;
• Ensuring WIP analysis and billing are kept up to date;
• Ensuring compliance status tracker is kept up to date;
• Sending out computations and returns for signature, and ensuring they are submitted on time;
• Sending payment reminders 6 weeks prior to when any liabilities are due;
• Ensuring client queries are responded to efficiently;
• Ensure files are of an appropriate standard for QCR purposes;
• Liaising with HMRC regarding various issues relating to corporate tax compliance;
• Maintaining up to date technical knowledge.
Manage a team of people. This will include:
• Being responsible for the annual and interim appraisals for these individuals;
• Being responsible for their personal development;
• Providing constructive feedback on an ongoing basis.
• Assist managers and partners of Tax Advisory with identifying specific advisory issues to consider e.g. R & D claims, internationally mobile employees, transfer pricing projects etc.
• ACA and/or CTA
• Extensive experience of corporate tax compliance services;
• Demonstrate broad and strong technical tax knowledge and experience;
• Great team player - extensive experience of working as part of a team;
• Willingness to develop leadership skills;
• Interested in technology including robotics, analytics, data mining, data management;
• Able to build good client relationships;
• Able to build good relationships with members of the team;
• Broad experience of managing the financials on clients, and adjusting the approach to compliance work depending on the budget;
• Significant experience of developing project plans and ensuring deadlines are met;
• Some experience of identifying opportunities for business development on tax clients and across other service lines;
• Broad experience of coaching and mentoring junior members of the team;
• Ideally proficient in Alphatax;
Please CLICK HERE to download our benefits booklet
Please CLICK HEREto download the job description.
Mazars is all about people – we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
We are an international, integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, accountancy, tax, legal, and advisory services. The Group has a presence in 77 countries and draws on the expertise of 17,000 professionals.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement – not pressure and competition.
Mazars LLP is an equal opportunities employer and all applications received by the firm will be considered by the firm on the basis of their merit alone and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of background. All offers of employment will be conditional on the candidate having/securing the right to work in the UK and providing the firm with evidence of that right (as required by the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006) prior to employment commencing.