Senior Design Engineer
As one of the most recognised brands in the world, our client strives to design and build outstanding products built to stand the test of time and to outshine the competition in regards to quality. Safety, comfort and endurance.
We are currently looking to expand the engineering capability and bring in a Senior Design Engineer at the office in Cheadle, Staffordshire.
Main focus of the role
The Senior Design Engineer reports to the Principal Engineer, Design Manager, Chief Engineer for the daily co-ordination of the activities highlighted in the responsibilities.
The main responsibilities of the Senior Design Engineer will revolve around:
- Create system and component specifications and design (cascaded from programme targets) using/commissioning the relevant analysis tools to support data driven design decisions
- Develop system and component FMEAs, and DVPs
- Co-ordinate and supervise DVP tests/analyses (analytical, rig, engine and machine)
- Resolve engineering issues using recognised methodologies
- Support programme gateways and reviews
- Provide clear communication and support to all customers, engineering teams and supplier
- Work in a simultaneous engineering environment to support the development plan, ensuring design for manufacture and assembly
- Design detailing, BOM compilation and drawing release
- Prototype build support
- Liaise with internal/external customers/departments, as required during projects
- Assume responsibility for projects/machine areas, dependant on experience
Required Experience & qualifications
The ideal candidate for the role of Senior Design Engineer will be educated to degree / HND level in Mechanical Engineering and must have previous experience in similar design roles. Applicants will have a good working knowledge of CAD/PLM systems, plus supporting engineering software. You will have a sound grasp of the engine product development cycle, and expertise in engine system and component specification, design, development and sign-off (using relevant tools). Ideally, candidates will have experience with an engine manufacturer or Tier 1 supplier, and demonstrate good project and supplier management skills, and good commercial awareness
As Senior Design Engineer you must have an enthusiastic attitude, coupled with a sense of urgency and desire to succeed. Alongside this good teamwork and communication skills are essential.
Experience in Off highway, construction, agricultural, automotive or aerospace industries would be ideal.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960330355