Junior Java Developer
West Midlands Fire Service is a professional and critical part of the UK emergency services - working for us means you have a mission in your work. We are looking for a junior Java Application Developer to be involved in developing, supporting and maintaining our core applications, working on new projects and helping us migrate to newer technology stacks. The developer will join a small, friendly team working on projects using Spring, J2EE, Hibernate, Maven, ANT and related technologies. This role would be suitable for junior applicants or recent graduates who have been using Java for around 1 year.
- 1 years’ experience using Java.
- An understanding of and experience in using Relational Databases & SQL.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to use initiative in solving problems.
Good to know:
- Experience using Spring / Hibernate.
- Experience using Postgres / Oracle.
- Experience creating/supporting Java web applications.
- Knowledge of Agile working practices.
- Knowledge and Experience of any of the following technologies: JavaServer Pages (JSP), SASS, Jasper Reports (Jasper Studio), XML.
The junior Java developer will be based at our modern offices in Vauxhall Road, Birmingham. The Fire service offer a structured career and training plan, opportunity to work with an extremely talented team on applications that are essential to public safety, utilise cutting edge technology and complexity.