As Senior Project Manager, you will be expected to:
- Manage the full end to end software development process of multiple projects, delivering on time, with quality and within budget.
- Lead software design and development teams (internal, offshore and 3rd party), using Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP etc).
- Define project scope, goals, deliverables and timelines.
- Identify stakeholders, internal and external and establish means, modes and lines of communication.
- Proactively collaborate with stakeholders, developers, Business Analysts, product managers, execs and clients.
- Work with teams to identify project dependencies and manage these issues through to release.
- Identify, manage and highlight project risks early, making them visible to the team and escalating to management as required.
- Proactively improve project management standards, tools and best practices.
- Mentor team members on project delivery and best practices.
- Identify and look for continuous improvements in software development process.
- Consider the commercial impact of all decisions and prioritise development activities accordingly.
- From time to time you may be expected to work directly with clients and even be collocated directly with our clients when required.
We look for people who love developing mobile and cloud-based software and are excited about exploring avenues for continuous learning and improvement as we push to improve our own operations in continuing to provide best in class offerings to our growing range of clients.
- 3+ years experience of managing software projects
- Proven delivery of complex software development projects involving both mobile and cloud based software.
- Experience managing multifunctional distributed teams.
- Experience working with Scrum or Agile development environment
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with internal and external teams and clients.
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a software related discipline. A Master's degree in a related field is an added plus.
- Software development background with 2+ years as a developer.
- Understanding of user experience and design principles and guidelines.
- Understanding of GIT code versioning and continuous integration practices.
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure and Firebase
- Ability to translate product requirements into design specifications
- Experience with the Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence).
- SCRUM Master Certified.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960333746