EAL Teaching Assistant
EAL teaching assistant required for an April 2018 start at 'GOOD' rated Ofsted School in Smethwick.
Hays Education has a Teaching Assistant primary job to support pupils who has English as an additional language at a primary school in Smethwick, Sandwell.
The school offers a diverse and inclusive environment and has been rated as 'Good' by OFSTED. They require a qualified primary Teaching Assistant to support newly arrived and transient pupils from Foundation stage - Key Stage 2 that use English as a second language. The ability to communicate well in world languages including Mirpuri, Pushto, Somali and Eastern European languages would be beneficial.
Qualifications and experience required:
- You must hold an NVQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification or equivalent
- Have a proven track record of working with pupils from Foundation- Key Stage 2
- Hold GCSE grade C in Maths and English essential
- Have a least 6 months experience working within a mainstream primary setting, especially supporting children who have English as an additional language
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to plan and organise and use own initiative
- Committed to maintaining high standards
- Flexible and Team Player
This primary teaching assistant job in Sandwell is to start in April 2018 for the rest of the term with long term and permanent opportunities in the future.
Not only will you receive all the support you need from a Department for Education accredited recruitment expert, while working for Hays you'll also enjoy a range of employee benefits, including:
- £250 reward every time you recommend a friend*
- Specialist and dedicated consultant
- Access to free Professional Development Training including Safeguarding and Managing Behaviour
- Exclusive rewards and a Guaranteed Pay Scheme
- Holiday Pay
*Terms and conditions apply
If you meet the above primary criteria then please forward your CV in the first instance - detailing your experience in schools.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory background and reference checks. UK and/ or Overseas police checks will be required.
To find out more about this and other primary Teaching Assistant jobs in Sandwell please contact Gurpreet at Hays Education on 0121 236 4476.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80445801