Lead Java Developer
A Senior Java Developer is required by an innovative fintech software house, based in the West Midlands. We are looking for a Lead Java Developer with a passion to innovate and who is comfortable with all aspects of the software development and delivery lifecycle from concept and design through to installation, testing and maintenance of a suite of products that comprise the overall software solution. You would be working on a connectivity and message brokering platform that integrates with the most prestigious organisations in the financial services sector. This well-established fintech has a long and proud history of taking emerging fintech solutions to Tier 1 clients in the financial services sector.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to drive the technology strategy and development of a greenfield data transformation solution suite and contribute to our existing suite of financial applications. The role is very much hands-on development with aspects of data science to devise data transformation strategies and flows for customers, from ingesting data, transforming data to regulatory reporting flows. This is not a single ‘out of the box’ technical solution rather an integration of open source projects, further development and collaboration on those projects, and bespoke analytic, data mapping and data transformation processing.
The essential requirements:
- Minimum 7 years strong Java / J2EE Development experience
- Experience with Java 7/8 with Multi-Threading and Memory Management
- Experience working in streaming, data sets and data transformation - experience with Apache NiFi would be considered a plus.
- Expertise with general open source software, including but not limited to Spring, Hibernate, Web Containers, MySQL, Logstash, etc.
- Expertise with Apache open source software, including but not limited to ZooKeeper, Kafka, Beam, Ambari, Ranger, Spark etc.
- Expertise with Linux shell, git (or equivalent) modern version control and continuous integration, where experience with Jenkins would be a plus.
- Cloud Application with Docker Container development
- The role includes:
- Assist in devising and validating the solution architecture through each phase of development
- Mentor and guide the development team both in delivering the application and in using a test-driven approach
- Work with third party and outsourced development groups.
- Participate in the project from business requirements through design to implementation
- Design and improve the core components of the product
- Build, test, integrate and release using Continuous Integration and Delivery processes
- Support client implementations, ensure that product works with different customer scenarios and troubleshoot problems
We are looking for an expert to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and stakeholders, be comfortable with leading and mentoring a team, have the strength to challenge conventional ideas. There are excellent career prospects within this growing organisation.
The salary offered is £55,000 - £65,000 dependent on experience, so could be higher for exceptional candidates. This role will be working out of the Birmingham office.
Applications are invited from individuals that match the above description and are both based in the UK and eligible to work in the UK.
Autus HR has been contracted to search for, assess and select Professionals who will be successful in this role. Due to the specific requirements of this role, only a small percentage of all applications will be invited to progress through the process, however we will respond to every application we receive. Not being successful for this role does not exclude you from applying for other opportunities.
For further information, please contact Paul Roberts.
Individuals who have held the following role titles may be suitable - Lead Software Engineer, Development Lead, Solutions Architect, Technical Architect
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80453754