Site Manager (Substations)
Russell Taylor are actively seeking an experienced Site Manager with a sound Electrical Engineering background to work out of Staffordshire. The successful candidate will be responsible for all site related aspects of delivering E,C&I projects safely to cost, time and specification.
* Managing the installation and customer acceptance of Substation Control System projects in accordance with National Grid safety standards and local site work practices
* People-management responsibility for leading and motivating a subset of the project team of software and hardware engineers (typically 1 to 5+) during the site installation and commissioning phases of the project
* Control and management of installation sub-contractors (typically cable installation and minor electrical/mechanical works)
* Hold regular report and progress meetings with clients including production of related minutes
* Liaise with the Health and Safety Manager regarding all aspects of welfare on site
* Ensuring through close liaison with the Project Management that sufficient resources are planned for site work to enable delivery to cost, budget and quality
* Available to assist with Electrical Installation/Test/Commissioning activities
* Able to interpret customer requirements, undertake site surveys and produce electrical drawings/installation specification
* Undertake Risk Assessments and produce Method Statements, Create / input into project safety health and environmental plans.
* To have successfully completed Client Contractors National Safety Group Safety Passport Supervisor training
* To have successfully completed specific health and safety awareness training delivered by recognised training provider (IOSH, CITB, RoSPA, BSC etc), e.g. manual handling, (preferred qualified to minimum of Appointed Person), lifting operations (banksman/slinger), working at height, CDM, confined spaces etc.
* First Aid at Work Certificate
* To have successfully completed CDM Training relevant to specific site responsibilities
* Demonstrable experience of delivering E,C&I solutions on site with a track record of success - on time, to specification and on budget within a commercial environment
* Strong and practical safety ethos
* Must be prepared to travel and work away at customer sites
* Full UK driving licence.
* Educated to at least HND level or higher with additional relevant experience
* IOSH SMSTS certificate
* To have successfully completed Construction Industry Training Board Construction Skills Site Managers Safety Training Scheme course (5days) or equivalent
* To have commenced National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) National Construction
* Able to drive RTU/SCADA/DCS from a diagnostic perspective and fault find on electrical circuits
* AutoCAD experience
* National Grid experience including knowledge of TP's especially TP144
* To hold National Grid Person and BESC certificates
* Trained in Temporary Works Coordination / Supervision
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80444777