SEN Teaching Assistant
ITN Mark Education would like to welcome a skilled SEND trained teaching assistant to apply for this TA vacancy at a mainstream primary school in Handsworth, North Birmingham.
This is a teaching assistant job within an inclusive primary school which provides a wide variety of opportunities for all. Children with special educational needs are supported both in and outside the classroom with a range of activities suited to their needs.
We are looking for a motivated teaching assistant with experience of working with children with SEND, in particular students with Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
Successful Teaching Assistants must have:
- Relevant experience as SEN support worker or classroom assistant
- Level 3 in supporting teaching and learning or equivalent
- Promote equal opportunities in the classroom
- Patient and caring personality being able to handle stressful situations calmly.
- Commitment to learning and development of pupils
- Flexibility, providing support where needed and working alongside staff to gain a full understanding of the student's needs
- Have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with staff, parents and students
You may also be required to undertake administration tasks such as handing out/ collecting papers, photocopying, some light marking, putting up/ taking down displays, etc.
Teaching Assistant must have:
- CACHE Level 3
- NVQ Level 3
Benefits of working through ITN Mark Education:
- Competitive rates for Teaching Assistants
- Continued professional development
- Work in local schools
- Weekly pay for Teaching Assistants
- Refer a friend to ITN Mark- after one day worked you will receive £100 capital bonds vouchers
You must hold an NVQ Level 3 teaching assistant qualification or equivalent for this role. If you are driven and motivated by children's learning and development, then please apply with an up to date CV representing your full work history.
ITN Mark Education is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
ITN Mark Education is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.