Senior Auditor, Regulation EMEA
Senior Auditor, Regulation EMEA
GBP 32,000 - GBP 38,000
Our client is the world's leading professional body for qualifications and standards in land, property, infrastructure and construction.
They are now looking for a Senior Auditor (Regulation EMEA) to join their existing team.
You will be responsible for building and enhancing relationships with a portfolio of the largest national and international surveying firms and lead their regulatory relationship with these firms which achieves the creation and development of strong relationships to provide appropriate risk assurance and compliance monitoring. This will require engagement with a range of key stakeholders at the highest levels (e.g. Senior Partners, Principals and Directors) within the portfolio of such firms, with credibility and impact.
- Establish and continually review an effective and proportionate engagement strategy for each of the firms in the Senior Auditor's portfolio of firms.
- Lead their regulatory relationship with these firms through the engagement strategy which achieves: the creation and development of strong relationships, appropriate risk assurance and compliance monitoring, dissemination of their policy developments, rule and process changes and the collation of relevant firm and market intelligence.
- Review regulatory information and intelligence to monitor compliance, identify and manage risk, and escalate issues of non-compliance.
- Prepare reports based on the analysis of issues from regulatory information for internal and external use. Externally for firms to help them manage compliance issues or for internal use for further in-depth review of specific issues.
- Delivery of confident engagement with the portfolio of firms and representatives that is appropriately intrusive and challenging where necessary but which achieves the highest levels of quality, timeliness and professionalism and ensures that each firm is open, constructively engages with the organisation, and takes all requisite steps to comply with its regulatory obligations.
- Collate and analyse appropriate firm, sector, economic and company policy and rule information, in a timely manner, in order to:
- revise the engagement strategy for each firm in the Senior Auditor's portfolio;
- share the same with all members of the Professional Assurance Team and others in Regulation;
- contribute constructively to the development of processes and materials to improve key account engagement generally.
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities for collaborative internal engagement, ensuring representation of the team on a range of internal forums and establishment of other relationships, to promote a wider understanding of the team's activities, share intelligence and promote consistency within the organisation and contribute to the development of organisation wide culture, policies and, processes.
- Maintaining an excellent understanding of the legal and economic environment in which the firms operate and be proactive and forward-looking about identifying relevant risks areas for future engagement with firms.
- Develop effective and proportionate engagement strategies for each firm in the Senior Auditor's portfolio to establish effective and robust relationships with firms.
- Collate and analyse information and intelligence on the firms in the Senior Auditor's portfolio to develop a profile of the firm to develop engagement strategies and contribute to Regulation's assessment of risk.
Skills & Experience:
- Fluent in English and French or Dutch plus at least one other European Language.
- Preferably 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Relevant experience in a regulatory, risk and compliance or professional services environment.
- A good awareness and understanding of the surveying profession: the main participants in the market, firms' operating models, their processes and culture and financial and economic drivers
- Evidence of devising, implementing and delivering against, effective strategic and operational plans and processes.
- Strong and credible personal and influencing skills, and evidence of networking effectively and building relationships with key and challenging stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of operating autonomously and collaborating as part of cross functional team
- An ability to analyse large amounts of complex information, make clear judgements based on relevant risk and business considerations, in order to identify key issues and appropriate solutions.
- Good knowledge of the surveying or property profession and their Regulations and Rules of Conduct against which the key regulatory risks in the regulation of surveying services are assessed
- Willingness to learn and develop, taking on new responsibilities and adopting a flexible, pragmatic approach to work
A Master's degree would be an advantage but is not essential.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960332902