A Software Engineer is required to join a dynamic and exciting company which specialises in industry leading cyber-security software. The successful candidate will be experienced in C++, C++11, STL and Object Orientated Programming and Design. They will enhance the company's products, and develop new projects. The position offers a competitive salary, employment package and great place to work.
Applications from ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy and Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
- Object Oriented software design, code (primarily in C++) and test for platform independent applications;
- Making decisions at architectural level
- Updating and writing documentation;
- Assisting Team Leader with training and mentoring other members of the team;
- Leading iterations of projects;
- Liaising with support and occasionally customers;
- Attending of Trade shows as and when required;
- Contribute, and to certain extent manage, process improvement activities.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experienced Required:
- 2+ year's commercial experience in C++.
- Strong C++ development experience including C++11 and STL.
- Good understanding of Object Orientated Programming and Design.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Passion for learning.
- Knowledge of Qt and CMake;
- Knowledge of Jira and Linux operating system;
- Knowledge of networking technologies (routers, switches and firewalls);
- Knowledge of IT security best practices;
- Experience with Unit Testing;
- Experience or understanding of agile and scrum methodologies.
Standing desk option
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Job Type: Permanent
Vacancy Reference: HQ5121
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960333013