Supplier Quality Engineer
We are currently recruiting a brand new position for a Supplier Quality Engineer at a Tier 1 Automotive manufacturer in Birmingham with a strong arm in innovation and research in powertrain applications. The business prides itself in delivery of both high volume and low volume product lines to a host of prestigious OEMs. The Supplier Quality Engineer position has been created to give wider support to the supply chain on process controls through to PSW and production problem resolution activities through 8D.
Our client is a leading innovator in powertrain applications with plans to further bridge their research into electrification in the new future. With expanding facilities across R&D and production, this represents an outstanding opportunity to join a business who sit in an ideal position for significant growth for the next few years. This Supplier Quality Engineer position is critical to their operation and its future growth as it will ensure the timely delivery of components and swift resolution of faults.
- Implementation and development of specifications and process control at supplier sites through to PSW
- Support supplier with production issue resolution through 8D.
- Drive permanent corrective actions when issues occur
- Working with supply chain to improve processes and performance, focusing on migration from reactive to proactive quality mentality
- Guide suppliers through APQP and PPAP activities
- Responsible for purchased parts from concept to series production
- Coaching of suppliers in quality and lean tools
- Assistance with problem resolution utilising automotive quality tools including 8d
- Implementation of various lean methodologies
- Automotive background essential
- Keen focus on improvement plans, problem resolution and process control
- Comprehensive quality toolkit encompassing APQP, PPAP, PSW and 8D
- Prior supplier-facing role within quality would be beneficial
- Diplomatic in approach
- Excellent command of lean tools with Six Sigma certification preferable
- Knowledge of TS/ IATF16949
- Exposure to a number of different manufacturing processes
Salary from £40,000 - £45,000 + excellent package
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960329888