Dance Coach (Casual)
Location: The Doug Ellis Sports Centre, Birmingham City University, Perry Bar, B42 2SY
Working Hours: Casual
Salary: £9.50 to £18 per hour
The Doug Ellis Sports Centre has a wide range of facilities offering an excellent choice of sporting and leisure activities. Please see for yourself: https://www.dougellissportscentre.com/bcu_city_north/ABOUT_Contact
We are looking to recruit a Casual Dance Coach for the Doug Ellis Sports Centre. This role will require working on an as and when basis, therefore flexibility will be required.
The Dance Coach will lead with the development and delivery of a Dance Coaching Programme at Doug Ellis Sports Centre for 4 – 11 year olds.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- To plan, prepare and deliver coaching sessions as specified by the line manager and associated delivery partners.
- To develop coaching sessions that meets Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) as set by the Trust.
- To maintain accurate administration records for all sessions in line with the facilities processes and procedures.
- To assist in the organisation and promotion of sport and recreational activities and distribute relevant publicity material.
- To undertake further training as required.
- To comply with and promote equality, health, safety and employee development in compliance with policies and legal requirements.
- To undertake any other appropriate duties as may be allocated from time to time in accordance with the general nature of the post.
Essential / Desirable Skills for the role;
- Hold a minimum level 2 NGB coaching or dance teaching award (or equivalent)
- First aid (Desirable)
- Child Protection (desirable)
- Effective communicator and good customer care skills.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work towards and meet targets
- Ability to work on own and as part of a team
- Good administrative skills
- Flexibility to adapt teaching methods for different ages and abilities
If you have the essential skills, experience and qualifications to fulfil this role, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV in a word or PDF format.
This role is subject to a DBS check. These are covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80451941