We are now looking to appoint an experienced HR Advisor who will often act as a first point of contact and will provide professional, comprehensive and timely advice to managers and staff on a range of general HR queries such as recruitment, employee relations, training & development, employment law and HR policies and procedures.
Key Responsibilities and Accountability
- Provide advice and guidance on employment law issues and company policies and procedures to employees and managers, producing any necessary documentation
- Develop and implement policies and procedures based on current legislation
- Support business units with recruitment activities ensuring vacancies are progressed and completed in a timely and efficient manner as and when required
- Support the HR Director with HR improvement initiatives (Induction Project, Exit Interview Project, Employee Communications, Intranet design etc)
- Support employee development and training projects by co-ordinating Group training courses ensuring accurate records are kept of attendees, certificates issued and HR system kept up to date.
- Develop and communicate information briefings on a range of HR related topics
- Co-ordinate applications for maternity, paternity, adoption, shared parental leave, providing advice and guidance to employees and line managers
- Support business units with the co-ordination and administration of the Apprenticeship Programme, including recruiting, liaising with training providers, ensuring apprenticeship levy is utilised and arranging group training activities
- Liaising with the Health and Safety team and business units regarding Health Surveillance activities.
- Responsible for ensuring HR data contained in the HR System is fit for purpose, producing accurate management information for managers within the business.
Qualifications, Experience & Personal Attributes
- A proven track record of working in an advisory role with previous experience of advising on employee relations, employment law and policy & procedures
- A working knowledge of relevant employment legislation
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal with a high level of situational sensitivity and confidentiality
- Ability to think and plan ahead, to take a methodical and organised approach to tasks
- Completer/finisher style, tenacious with the ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility, to be able to carry-out duties not part of the normal remit in the interests of the team
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
- CIPD Level 5 or equivalent
Salary range - c£25,000 - £27,000
25 days holidays + statutory bank holidays
Excellent company benefits (Bupa/LA/Medical Plan)