I am working with a National Civils construction company who are looking for a Senior Buyer for their office in Rowley Regis. The main duties of the role are :
To work closely with the National Procurement Manager, Senior Category Manager and other members of the UK Procurement team to deliver the requirements of the UK Procurement Plan.
· Work with the National Procurement Manager & Senior Category Manager to deliver the companywide procurement strategy
· Ensure compliance to Procurement Strategy, policy, processes & procedures
· Work with the Senior Category Manager to prepare analysis of financial spend data and deliver deep dive reviews into own category managed areas of spend
· Identification, selection and management of supply chain in Category managed areas
· Carry out quotation analysis, evaluation and make recommendation for selection of suppliers to key stakeholders
· Accountable for performance of supply chain in areas of responsibility
· Report savings achieved through procurement and category management
· Promote innovative ways to add value and reduce costs
· Engage with Business Managers and Operational teams to provide effective procurement solutions, ensuring all needs are met and expectations exceeded
· Promotes Colas Procurement & Supply Chain capability to customers and stakeholders
· Assist in the creation of and ensure project team adherence to business, project Procurement and Supply Chain strategies.
· Develop and deliver supply chain strategy for Colas Bidding opportunities. Obtain and analyse supplier quotations, make recommendations and advise bid teams on commercial risk associated with supply chain
· Identification, Selection of Subcontractors/Suppliers. Drafting and issuing enquiries.
· Leading subcontract and supply pre-let meetings. Preparing and placing subcontract and material supply orders. Managing and closing out tender and contract negotiations. Closing out contractual documentation.
· Lead performance management and supplier development programmes to raise supplier performance
The successful candidate must be :
· Familiar with NEC Conditions of Contract documents
· Extensive procurement experience and good understanding of key Colas activities associated with highways and civil engineering projects
· Must have an understanding of the UK supply chain market, especially the Coated Stone, Concrete and Aggregate suppliers.
· Good commercial management skills specifically in the areas of risk and opportunity identification and mitigation
· Proven track record of supporting and complimenting the development of strategies and solutions
· Good understanding of operational and technical considerations in determining effective solutions to support bidding opportunities and projects
· Engagement with supply chain to contribute to value engineering and innovation.
- Relevant qualification and/or experience within the Highways, Airports and Civil Engineering sector(s)
- Ideally Procurement/Business qualification such as CIPS or prepared to work towards
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80445212