Operational Excellence Principal
Job Title: Operational Excellence Principal
About the role
Corporate Shared Services (CSS) helps Serco to be the best managed business in this sector by supporting our operating Divisions to deliver superb public services.
We deliver HR, procurement, information technology, and finance and accounting services to colleagues across the business, working in partnership to continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the services provided.
You will support and often lead the delivery of Operational Excellence (OE) projects within CSS. This will typically involve leading and shaping analysis of performance, cost, demand and capacity, process efficiency and organisational effectiveness as well as designing and supporting the implementation and embedding of change to improve operational / business performance within client organisations.
You will be committed to exceptional service delivery, have excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and be able to consistently achieve deadlines under pressure.
You will be domain expert and team leader in one or more operational improvement fields and possess a broader knowledge across operations and be able to build relationships and bring people and capabilities together during delivery.
On a day to day basis you will be expected to manage key projects and often have oversight of one or more work streams of effort.
- Support design of the CSS Operating Model to ensure CSS can take on further services and scope.
- Support development of the CSS Transformation Roadmap and Plan.
- Carry out/oversee high quality operations analysis to shape the OE pipeline for CSS and support investment decisions in line with the CSS Transformation Roadmap.
- Monitor and report the OE pipeline of initiatives across CSS, and support tracking of OE maturity.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across CSS and Divisions (e.g. Operations leads in Service Lines, OE Directors in Division).
- Lead work streams or entire operational improvement engagements in Operations or Service Lines, typically in one or more of the following areas including; cost reduction / operations strategy, lean / process-led transformation, performance improvement, service operations / target operating model design and implementation, operational asset management and organisational analysis and re-design.
- Accountable for project managing their own work within agreed timelines.
- Ensure OE related work meets defined quality standards including ensuring appropriate sign-off and QA of deliverables as per the to be defined CSS Operational Excellence approach.
- Buddy and mentor CSS colleagues who have undergone Yellow Belt training, through to certification where required.
- An expert in at least one of the core operational improvement domains and be able to contribute to the further development of method and collateral in this area.
- Manage external resources supporting OE effort where required.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in related operations transformation role, ideally within a shared services environment.
- Experience of extensive data capture and analysis and complex business case review and development.
- A strong knowledge and experience of transformation approaches and consulting assignment delivery.
- Experience of working across multiple assignments and sectors across high impact operations transformations engagements.
- Experience of leading and working within small, diverse and highly motivated project teams.
- Strong academic background.
- Operations consulting or operational excellence related professional qualification (e.g. Lean Competency System, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Professional qualification in an operational discipline (e.g. Finance, HR, Contact Centre, etc.) or equivalent experience.
In return we offer a competitive salary, car, 25 days holiday, and the opportunity to further your career within a supportive environment.
As part of Serco’s strategy CSS is undergoing significant transformation, moving us toward a more customer focused and integrated way of working.
Key to this transformation is bolstering our Operations function, so we are investing in a number of areas:
- How we manage relationships and costs with the wider business.
- How we manage performance and demand.
- How we drive change and continuous improvement.
- Production of management information and analytics.
- How we manage risk, security and compliance.
This is a really exciting period, not just for CSS but for Serco. If you have a background in operational improvement and are looking for a new challenge, we’d love to hear from you.On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80444503