In House Litigation Executive
A leading insurance business in Birmingham seeks a Litigation Executive to join their growing team.
- To monitor the progress of assigned files from solicitor appointment to resolution.
- To understand the service level agreement in place with solicitor assigned to file, liaising and chasing as needed to ensure delivery.
- To ensure effective communication with solicitors to produce weekly file updates and prompt notification of insurers response to deadlines and court outcomes.
- To deliver individual targets set re timescales of solicitor acknowledgement negotiated settlement or initiated action, and percentage of actual recovery.
- To identify shortfalls in service level agreement, reporting repetition or serious or unresolved issues to team leader.
- To monitor and prioritise incoming email and post, communicating where necessary, bringing urgent matters to the attention of the team leader.
- To acknowledge and act upon basic solicitor and court correspondence.
- To maintain regular progress updates with team leader, presenting overview of file status and proactively make recommendations on issues identified.
- To conduct additional / alternative work as assigned by team leader to cover absenteeism or facilitate the smooth running of the department to achieve targets.
To be considered you will need to possess or demonstrate the following:
- Stable and logical career history.
- Experience in Insurance industry.
- Knowledge of litigation process and court proceedings.
- Clear verbal communication skills, persuasive and assertive.
- The ability to prioritise recognising importance and urgency.
- Detail conscious.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including bonus and health care in a stable working environment.