Infrastructure Engineer (Cloud Broker)
Cloud Delivery Group (CDG) is an evolving, dynamic Delivery Group that is operating existing and new infrastructure services. As a result we have a vacancy for an Infrastructure Engineer with extensive knowledge and experience in Cloud technologies.
The Infrastructure Engineer’s (Cloud Broker) technical skills needed to perform this role are varied. You will have expert knowledge of Cloud providers (AWS, Azure and Oracle Cloud) and have excellent understanding of billing management. You will have experience of both Windows and Linux based operating systems. You will have knowledge of continuous integration software such as:
- GitLab / Github
An in-depth knowledge of virtualised environments is also required.
To fulfil this role, the role holder needs to have a wide variety of technical cloud skillsets, which include:
- Security in the Cloud for multiple providers (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud)
- Expert knowledge and responsibility for HMRC’s Role Based Access Control
- Expert knowledge and responsibility of access and permissions in public cloud
- Expert knowledge of HMRC approved features within public cloud environments
- Responsible for management of public cloud deployment environments enabling continuous integration (test, non-prod and prod)
- Expert knowledge and responsibility of HMRC’s Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (D4D)
- Carry out the strategy set by the product owner requirements
- Understands different programming languages with the ability to write new code and provide fault resolution for existing code
- Ability to understand the application profiles / application blueprints to assist in automated delivery through the cloud Brokering tool
- Ability to work in an Agile environment and apply methodologies as part of standard daily working practices.
- Provide support to HMRC’s cloud consumers through incident and problem resolution
- Work with where required with Public Cloud providers to resolve complex issues
- Work with where required with Cloud Broker vendors to resolve complex technical issues with the brokering product.
- Ensure and support of HMRC’s infrastructure billing product, enabling HMRC finance teams to get an accurate, up-to-date cost of cloud consumption across the business
- Ability to provide technical training and support to HMRC consumers
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960331402