SQL Server Database Administrator
SQL Server /Oracle Database Administrator
We are looking for an SQL Server Database Administrator to join our DBA team. You will need to demonstrate a broad knowledge of SQL Server databases administration. You will have 5+ years of experience in using these skills to provide appropriate support, advice and guidance to business users.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Effectively support all production systems 24/7 by responding to and resolving all logged tickets within the stipulated SLA time
- Demonstrate sound technical skills in Database and all its related technologies by designing and implementing solutions
- Understand the root cause of all the outages and take remediation steps to prevent the recurrence of the problem.
- Provide guidance to the junior team members both in technical and functional areas
- Proactively seek areas of improvement both in technical and process areas and take steps to implement them - setting standards and documenting standards.
- Maintain positive relationships with the user community, peers and the management.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience supporting SQL Server (2008-2016)
- Experience of carrying out relevant DBA tasks - Installs, Stored procedures, backups, recoveries, monitoring systems, maintaining high availability, performance tuning, Migrations.
- Experience of SQL Always On High Availability
- T-SQL scripting
- Familiar with Windows and Unix operating systems
- Must support the 24/7 production on-call rota and be prepared to provide out of hours support as and when required
- PowerShell Scripting
- Experience supporting MySQL
- Experience with BMC Remedy and ServiceNow
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960327643