Global Category Lead - IT
This role will require you to have a history of strong involvement in indirect category management, including IT and Professional Services.
Michael Page Indirect Procurement are currently working with a Global Financial Services organisation to bring a new Global Category Lead to the team.
The Global Category Lead will be responsible for the following;
- Supporting the Head of Procurement in delivering the business's ambitious transformation plan.
- Implementing category strategies to drive cost reduction across addressable spend in line with business targets.
- Lead RFx processes, draft and review contracts; work closely with the business and with the Legal and Finance teams.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with your internal stakeholders and suppliers alike
- Developing supplier relationships to ensure best value is delivered and unlocked from existing contracts; directly managing contract delivery.
- Maintain processes and procedures, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, audits and internal reviews.
- Manage a small team of buyers.
The successful candidate for the Global Category Lead will have the following core competencies;
* Practice in Procurement and indirect category management
* Good understanding of conducting procurement activities including end to end tenders, bid evaluation and RFx Process.
* Solid knowledge of contract law and contract drafting for different categories
* Cost savings techniques such as supplier rationalisation and value engineering.
* Sound business acumen
* Strong negotiation skills
* Team management
* Ability to represent Procurement and interact across all levels of the business
* Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
For the successful candidate this role offers up to £50,000 + benefits.