This challenging and exciting opportunity requires an individual with extensive commercial expertise within the UK civil engineering or infrastructure industry.
Due to continued growth and a number of recent, significant contract awards our client is now looking to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor whom will lead all commercial and contractual matters across the business, and thus will effectively support the Senior Management Team to successfully deliver a wide range of technically complex and significant projects.
• Lead all commercial activities and financial governance, working closely with the contracts / operations and senior management teams
• Continual review and challenge of existing commercial processes to identify and implement best practice
• To draw up contracts and sub-contracts or ensure contracts have been drawn up prior to commencement of work, and to review contracts drawn up by third parties
• To assist with pre-construction commercial activities, such as vetting / approval of terms, contract evaluations, and sub-contract procurement and selection
• Identify risk and opportunities associated with contracts, and manage as appropriate
• Provide commercial / contractual advice to contracts / operations teams
• Notification, preparation and agreement of any change, claims or extensions of time that may arise
• Attend client meetings, including project commencement and close out appointments
• Undertake commercial audits for each contract to ensure good practice and compliance with company procedures and client specifications
• Prepare monthly financial reports, identifying trends and areas for improvement
• Provide final account sign off and agreement of interim assessments, including early warning notifications, compensation events and extensions of time etc.
• Financial reconciliation and all contractual administration
• Attending / contributing to risk management, value engineering, cost / value, overall progress and update meetings
• Preparation of weekly / monthly cost / value reports, including KPI information, estimates of defined costs to complete, and any pain / gain position
• Preparing and agreeing of final accounts
• Preparation and administration of sub contract documents including sub contract set up
• Administration of accounts to final stages
• A Quantity Surveying Degree is desirable, however HNC / HND level individuals with some form of relevant Quantity Surveying experience will be equally acceptable
• You will possess a thorough working knowledge of the civil engineering or infrastructure sectors
• Knowledge and understanding of pre-construction and procurement processes
• Knowledge of multiple differing construction techniques and the general sequence of events for a wide variety of contracts, schemes and project applications
• The ability to apply the knowledge and principles of commercial management best practice to various projects
• A working understanding of plant, equipment and materials
Our Client is one of the UK’s leading specialist infrastructure and heavy civil engineering contractors, renowned for providing technically advanced and cost-effective foundation solutions. Their reputation is built on engineering excellence and a commitment to continual innovation, backed by a central technical design and engineering resource, they can deliver the full range of foundations, groundworks, site remediation, piling, geotechnical and structural engineering techniques. As one of the largest specialist contractors in the industry, they are able to provide clients with a bespoke service offering fully supported by their state of the art processes and technologies, additionally including piling, walling, ground improvement and foundations.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital / civil partnership status, religion / belief or nationality.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960332526