Food manufacturing/ Food Processing/ Primary Processing
Technical Manager: profile
Are you an experienced Technical Manager with strong food manufacturing experience? Are you highly experienced with leading high-profile customer audits and BRC Audits? Do you want a highly visible role that will have a big impact on the success of a growing organisation?
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Technical Manager to join my client, a growing Primary Processing, food manufacturer. This is a highly important hire for my client and requires an energetic, knowledgeable and expert customer relationship builder. You will need to demonstrate the leadership ability to lead customer and internal audits with authority and depth of knowledge.
As our Technical Manager, you will have full responsibility for leading and developing the technical and hygiene functions on site, ensuring legal compliance, food safety and adherence to customer specifications.
Technical Manager responsibilities:
- To provide direction and support to quality and technical team members, managing and facilitating performance,
- Leading high-profile customer audits and acting as the key port of contact for BRC Audits,
- Provide direction and guidance to the business in ensuring product safety and quality of products manufactured are inline with legal and company standards, and meet the expectations of our customers
- Maintain and improve the Quality Management System to ensure Food Safety, Legal Compliance and adherence to Customer Specifications and Policies
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Take an active part on the HACCP Food Safety Team
- Lead external audits e.g., BRC, Red Tractor, retailer
- Agree and deliver a budget for the Technical function
- Contribute fully to continuous improvement in the business performance as an active member of the Site Senior Management team
- Provide technical advice and support including face to face meetings during the hygiene window on all aspects of hygiene e.g. areas to be cleaned, frequency, methods and chemicals
- Provide an effective link between NPD and production ensuring that new or changed products, processes and packaging are effectively introduced
Technical Manager: personal specification
Demonstrated high energy and high level of knowledge,
Proven ability to build relationships with key stakeholders,
Degree qualified in a food science or closely related discipline,
You will have proven experience in a leadership role,
Experience of BRC or ISO 9000 and intermediate HACCP Level 3 are essential, You will also need a full UK driving license.