Electrical Biased Maintenance Engineer
Upto £32,000 per annum D.O.E.
Based in West Bromwich
Working on behalf of a market leading manufacturing company
Must be 17th edition certified
Install, maintain, improve and repair equipment, plant, services and building installations to set levels effectively in compliance with best practices ensuring production efficiency can meet customer requirements within a safe well-presented facility.
Respond to technical issues affecting production and maintain electrical and mechanical services through Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM).
Work on many phases or sub-tasks of projects or entire projects of moderate complexity, with results impacting on project completion.
Work under general supervision, reviewed at project milestones and/or on completion by Senior Management.
* Attend breakdowns, identify fault and problem solve with minimal downtime to production
* Carry out diagnosis of faults, the maintenance and repairs to all types of plant and equipment in a safe, timely and professional manner and return equipment to operational service
* Estimate length of time required to complete a job and likely consequences of failure to complete work within required timescales
* Identify and escalate any activity that has the potential to cause harm or damage
* Report breakdown root causes, equipment faults and concerns to management
* Ensure all work is undertaken to a high quality standard and adheres to all quality standard regulations
* Identify spares requirements and log usage
* Assist in the development of planned preventative maintenance (PPM) schedules
* Carry out PPM schedules as necessary and planned work orders as required and provide feedback to develop the system
* Assist with the moving, installation, repositioning of machines and equipment
* Operate Fork Lift Truck and lifting equipment * Assist visiting specialist engineers when necessary
* Work within 5S (Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) methodology to maintain workplace to a high standard
* Undertake special projects as required
* Contribute to continuous improvement activities
* Plan projects or subtasks so they may be tracked and presented
If you feel you match the criteria, and West Bromwich is a commutable distance, contact the recruitment team, or apply via the links below
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960333255