Oakwrights have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Manager to join their growing team based in Swainshill, Hereford.
Marketing Manager – Key Responsibilities:
- To take a lead on all marketing led aspects of the organisations work. All public relations and marketing development of Oakwrights, Oakwrights Country Buildings & GreenRooms by Oakwrights as the primary provider of oak frame homes, country buildings and single storey extensions in the UK.
- To develop and implement marketing strategies. Increase awareness of the company, develop new clients and revenue streams, and present a high and positive profile to the public for all the products and services that Oakwrights can offer the self-build audience.
- To negotiate and arrange exhibition space for attendance at around 20 trade and lifestyle shows and 12 Independent Open Days. This includes management, facilitation, execution and maintenance of the exhibition spaces as marketing tools.
- Events include: BBC Countryfile Live, Goodwood Festival of Speed, Goodwood Revival, Great Yorkshire Show, Royal Berkshire Show, Grand Designs Live, Homebuilding & Renovating Shows, Self-Build & Design Shows, Build It Live! Shows.
Marketing Manager - Job Summary:
- Devising and monitoring marketing strategies within defined budgets to achieve both engagement and financial targets.
- Oversee all marketing activity: websites, brochures, flyers, digital, etc. Monitor and regulate all external promotion of Oakwrights products and services.
- Supporting and championing the Oakwrights Brand brand both internally and externally, ensuring consistent application and delivery. Ensuring brand guidelines are observed and video, photography and onsite developments promote and extend the brand.
- Ensuring that a strong digital presence across all relevant online channels and platforms is effective, sales focused and well monitored.
- Running a team of three (2 x Graphic Designers & 1 x Marketing Assistant).
- Managing the activities and functions of the Marketing team and contributing to performance reviews.
- Developing annual marketing plans for show and open day campaigns; arranging media presence around this schedule to raise awareness drive potential self-builders to engage in person – at headquarters, at shows, at open days, on site.
- Overseeing strategic and practical delivery and evaluation of the Marketing Plan as part of the company’s overall five-year business plan.
- Representing marketing interests at Senior Management level.
- Work with the senior managers of in-house Architectural Design, Frame Design, Production and Projects to produce promotional materials that will provide an insight and knowledge of the products and services available to the self-build market.
- Lead all internal communications activity.
- Oversee all external communications activity; monitoring KPIs to calibrate effectiveness, extending the brand and managing reputational risk.
- Ensuring efficient budgetary management, implementation and reporting.
- Ensuring (in conjunction with the IT Manager) that the Data Protection Act and any GDPR changes are fully respected and understood by all the front line team.
- Performing other reasonable duties as agreed with the Oakwrights Board.
Marketing Manager – You:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience of marketing management at a small to medium sized business, achieving ambitious financial growth.
- Experience of leading and motivating teams and evaluating performance.
- Relevant experience in budgetary management, pricing and forecasting.
- Strong reporting and analysis skills.
- Experience of managing and briefing suppliers/agencies, and negotiating deals and contracts.
- Experience of creative project management, sometimes complex and conflicting, in a high achieving environment to strict deadlines and successful completion.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent marketing skills across design and print, advertising and sales promotion, direct marketing and digital; with highest standards of persuasive and creative written and spoken English.
- Ability to translate strategy into plans and targets.
- Strong IT literacy, including web CMS, database - especially CRM systems, and associated data security obligations.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, organisational and team motivation skills.
- Good e-commerce and digital communications skills (inc standard social media platforms).
Please send us your CV and let us know a little bit about yourself, what drives you and what would make you an asset to our business. If we like what we see, we will be in touch with you soon!
Please note, that due to the high number of CV's we receive, we are unfortunately not able to reply to everyone! If you haven’t heard from us within 2 weeks of your submission, please presume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
This role may be relevant if you have previously worked as a Product Manager, Marketing Executive, Marketing Assistant, Brand Manager, Marketing Communications, Marketing Consultant, Senior Marketing Executive, Marketing Officer, Assistant Marketing Manager, Marketing Coordinator or as Head of Marketing.