Graduate Teaching Assistant - KS5
Graduate Teaching Assistant - KS5 - Central Birmingham
Are you a graduate and would you love to spend the full academic year as an Academic Learning Coach supporting learners to achieve their potential?
Are you keen to find a role in a progressive sixth form with a forward thinking leadership team and inclusive ethos?
Perhaps you hold a degree in a core subject and would love to excite and engage young people to find a love for learning and achievement?
** If you are considering gaining worthwhile paid experience before moving onto further education or training, then this City Centre Birmingham Sixth Form College could be for you! **
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Range of subjects considered
- Working with a range of A Level students in your subject specialism
- Full classroom support as and when needed to support the delivery of the Curriculum
- Working towards raising standards of achievement and making expected progress
- Organise and deliver your own intervention classes
- Assist with lesson cover to give you a better insight into the world of teaching
- Assist with lesson planning
- Paid £60 - £65 a day
- Full-time position, Monday to Friday hours
- Minimum 2:1, preferably from a Russell Group university
- You will need to be versatile, adaptable and enthusiastic graduate to work in the, with a drive to work in education
- Candidates will require initiative, excellent communication skills and a good knowledge of your subject
- You will be willing to be proactive about their own learning and development to have maximum impact within school
- The ideal graduate will be sparky and confident with a commitment to get stuck in and hit the ground running
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
- All staff are to share in the responsibility for the ethos of the school and the well-being of all pupils and staff
- bespoke programme that is specifically designed to help high achieving graduates build paid experience prior to starting teacher training
- You will have access to an experienced and knowledgeable mentor, who will guide you through your training and development at the school.
- Perfect PGCE preparation - opportunity to progress onto School Direct
- Perfect location - accessible from most Birmingham train stations and surrounding areas
If you would love to work in a diverse and challenging, yet incredibly rewarding environment, then send your CV to Jamie at i-teachers to be considered for this position.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960327525