Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum
Cap hpi provides decision support data and software solutions spanning vehicle valuation, validation, collision, mechanical repair, and total cost of ownership. We help our customers to make smarter automotive decisions by providing one source for data and software solutions that uniquely span the whole vehicle lifecycle; new, used and future vehicle valuation, validation, collision, mechanical repair and total cost of ownership. Cap hpi puts technology at the centre of all data activities, from collection and processing, through to delivery and the development of new applications. We operate from a branch office in Ludlow, with an international hub in Leeds, UK; ensuring our systems, coding, data collection processes, and valuation methodologies are consistent, scalable, repeatable and of the highest quality for every country. Cap hpi operates as part of Solera, a global provider of risk and asset management software and services to the automotive and property marketplace. Solera is active in 85 countries across six continents
The role of Web Developer:
We are seeking a Web Developer to assist in the creation of high quality software, architecture, systems and solutions using the latest technologies to ensure that CAP continues to provide products and services that meet and exceed customer requirements. As part of this role you will be delivering extraordinary growth through ROI based value propositions, smart digital solutions and the most comprehensive, accurate and timely global automotive connected data. You will also identify and provide disruptive products that deliver high ROI to our Automotive, Insurance and Finance customers, while leveraging Consumer to sell combinations of valuation and vehicle provenance products. You must be willing to actively build your knowledge of latest development technologies by study and research to ensure you are able to proactively work on developments and seek feedback from your colleagues on your performance.
Key accountabilities of the Web Developer:
- Fully participate in development projects to ensure that you deliver high quality software, architecture, systems and solutions using the latest technologies to ensure that CAP continues to provide products and services that meet and exceed customer requirements.
- Work within the remit of the project management methodology to deliver specified project objectives with the aim of achieving agreed deadlines, escalating any exceptions with rationale.
- Be in a position to provide up to date information on all development work. Provide your manager with regular updates in order to monitor tasks.
- Conform to code standards, code documentation, version and release control.
- Windows and Web application development skills utilising the latest Microsoft development tools and technologies.
- Understanding and implementation of object orientated development techniques and principles.
- Visual Studio.Net Languages Emphasis on C#/VB.NET, & MVC Framework
- Writing T-SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Understanding of mobile platform development tools & technologies
- Must be familiar with general computer use including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Evidence of project work item delivery within specified deadlines
- Evidence of full configuration management and development documentation, to manage code archiving and version releases
- Demonstrable experience of delivering high quality low maintenance products as perceived by user feedback.
- Request and action plan based on regular customer feedback.
- Evidence of actively focusing on self-development and increasing knowledge and ability demonstrated by developer certification in specific technology areas.
Why you should work for us:
- Location-wise, we are based in a rural setting in Ludlow, with free parking available.
- Our office setting is open plan and we work collaboratively as a team
- Smart casual is our dress code and we are open to flexible start and end times and some remote working (with agreement from your manager)
- We offer weekly fruit to keep the team healthy!
- Once a month we have an informal ‘’beer and crisps’’ get-together where we catch up on new developments and wins
- We also like to celebrate company success, funding legendary summer and winter parties.
- Teams also take part in a quarterly incentive which is linked to our performance against financial targets
If you would like to be considered for the Web Developer role then please click ‘APPLY’ below.