Customer Service Programme Manager HE
Highways England are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Over recent years, investment in our highways has increased, this has led to advances in technology, such as smart motorways; enabling traffic to flow better. However, even more is yet to be done. Considering that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It's an exciting time to begin a career with Highways England as we invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety which is why we're so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. At the same time, we'll improve how we work. That means we will be able to; plan roadworks better to minimise disruption; clear incidents more quickly; and save more than £1 billion by working more efficiently. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy.
For further information on Highways England, please visit our website: www.highwaysengland.co.uk
Highways England is looking to recruit a Customer Service Programme Team Leader on a permanent basis to be based at any of our offices in Birmingham, Bedford or Manchester.
The successful Customer Service Programme Team Leader will work within the Customer Experience Group improving Highways England's customer service both internally and externally. The role remit includes developing, managing and overseeing the business wide Customer Service programme on behalf of the four Customer Service Directors and will work with other customer facing teams across the business to deliver a managed programme of initiatives to improve customer satisfaction.
Day to day
- Oversee governance, monitoring and analytical assurance of the Customer Service programme.
- Implement appropriate programme management methodologies to ensure the effective planning and control of the programme, the identification and mitigation of risks and effective management of project performance.
- Manage and report on the Improving User Satisfaction KPI to the Safety, Engineering and Standards (SES) Director.
- Develop, embed and report on an internal customer performance framework.
- Lead, motivate and develop the team.
- Engage with senior stakeholders across Highways England and externally to ensure a strong understanding of customer issues, to promote and gain commitment to Customer Service Standards objectives.
- Proven success in leading delivery in a complex customer facing organisation, using a recognised Programme and Project framework.
- Leader and decision-maker with the credibility to work across corporate and functional boundaries.
- Demonstrable experience of leading people to successful delivery of a programme of complex and/or high risk projects, and/or high profile / high risk services.
- Relevant project management and programme management practitioner qualification and proven experience using the associated methodologies.
- Strong networking and communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and present results.
- Strong customer focused experience.
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application. You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
For further information please review the Customer Service Programme Manager role profile.
All candidates invited to interview will be required to provide valid proof of Right to Work documents.
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/