Sector: Social Housing
Contract length: Three months ongoing
Contract hours: Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 4.30pm, 30 - 35 hours
Rate: Negotiable dependent upon experience
Our, client a well-known not for profit organisation is looking to recruit a Cashier to join their finance ASAP on a three month temporary contract with a view to becoming permanent.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Maintenance log of receipts and banking, process the receipts of income from cash/cheques/DD’s/Standing orders and credit cards to the sales ledger, rent ledger and bank control account
* Conduct bank reconciliation between nominal ledger bank control and balance per bank statement
* Maintain a register of credit card machines including location, merchant number and officer responsible
* Process the weekly rent debit based on the agreed charges to tenants accounts including rents, service charges and other housing charges
* Run reports of outstanding arrears on a weekly basis for both current and former arrears
* Prepare the monthly journal for rents and void posting from the rent ledger to the nominal ledger
The successful candidate must have experience of cashiering and experience of private rent or social housing
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of James Andrews Recruitment Solutions who are operating as an employment agency and business. James Andrews Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.